let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Greater Northwoods
Peaceful Riverfront, Local Convenience and Year round FUN! This 3 bedroom, 2 bath Ranch with detached 2 car garage and extra boathouse/storage, sits on an acre lot with 205 feet of flat access to the Wisconsin River. Relax and watch the wildlife, while the river gently flows as the seasons change from your porch. The Master bedroom has a separate entrance with a fenced area for your pets, seating area, with s...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The National Association of Realtors who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Northwoods Association of Realtors Board are members of both the Wisconsin and National Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the Wisconsin Department of Professional Standards to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
As a real estate professional, I bring more than 25 years of hands-on management experience to RE/MAX Property Pros, from the development and running non-profits to producing and directing television commercials as well as managing and selling regional cable companies. With this unique experience, I know how to listen and understand your distinctive property needs to make sure your home buying or selling experience is worry free.
I earned my undergraduate degree at UW-Oshkosh and my Master’s degree at the University of Wisconsin in Mequon. I have also been involved in my community throughout my career from volunteering as a Girl Scout Leader, the PTA, the local food pantries and my church.
I returned to the Wisconsin to enjoy the great outdoors, hiking, biking, fishing, boating and snowshoeing. I am also a potter of which I love to collect the flora and fauna to add to my pottery before and during the firing process.
If you are looking for someone with a passion for real estate, I will bring all my energy, enthusiasm and integrity to help you sell or find your perfect home.